What does the store of the future look like? The COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted the entire world, and retailers are no exception. While countless well known brands have closed their doors for good, others have adapted with new and innovative ways of doing business. An accelerated move to online shopping, the ability to buy online and pick up in store (BOPIS) as well as the increased importance of the role of front-line staff have all been key talking points throughout the pandemic. Will COVID-19 also usher in the move to robots and touch-less technologies, or will retail design take a step back and instead favor the simple and understated? Perhaps somewhere in the middle?
The aim of this book is to get past all the buzz and predictions, and instead focus on what it all means and how retailers can deliver the best experience for their customers. Readers can expect to learn:
- How COVID-19 will impact in-store shopping long term
- How environmental concerns are changing retail design
- How brands can improve their customer and employee experiences across all touch-points
- How industry leaders are using technology and design to make shopping fun again
- How to use Strategic Foresight to start a process of Future-Proofing your brand
- And lastly, we present a concept of what the retail store of the future could look like